WHY IS DRAIN CLEANING MAINTENANCE IMPORTANT?
Think about what goes down your drains on a daily basis. When you are washing dishes, different types of grease and food particles get washed down the drain. When you are taking a shower, hair, soap, and dirt make their way through your home’s plumbing system. If you don’t clean out your shower and sink drains regularly, all the buildup can wreak havoc on your home’s sewage lines and pipes. It is important that you schedule drain cleaning routinely in order to minimize future problems and damage to your home.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning
- Improves the lifespan of your drain – Regular cleaning can actually increase the lifespan of your drains by minimizing the damage that can accumulate over time.
- Gets rid of bad odors – Drain cleaning removes food particles and debris that are trapped in drains. When you have your drains professionally cleaned, this can remove foul odors as well.
- Faster drainage and reduce clogs – Drains can be prone to obstructions over time, which can lead to serious clogs. Cleaning your drains can clear clogs and you’ll even notice faster draining as a result!
- Keeps expensive repairs at bay – When you schedule regular drain maintenance, you can often catch small issues before they turn into big problems. Whether you have aging pipes, overflowing pipes, or pipe-damaging clogs, your plumber will be able to spot these early on.
How Often Should You Clean Your Drains
Keeping your home’s drains clean is an important part of home maintenance duties. Deciding how often drains should be cleaned depends on many factors, such as the size of your household, how much you use your drains, and more.
Some small households may be able to get away with cleaning on an “as needed” basis while bigger households may need to schedule professional drain maintenance more often. In general, yearly maintenance is recommended. It is a good idea to talk to your plumbers in Florida about your recommended drain cleaning schedule based on your usage.
What You Can Do To Maintain Your Drains After A Professional Cleaning
After your drains receive a professional cleaning, it’s important you still take proactive maintenance steps to keep your drains running smoothly. There are a few things you can do yourself to keep your drains clear.
HOW TO PREVENT DRAIN CLOGS:
- Be careful what you put down the sink, toilet, and shower drain
- Invest in a drain grate or screen
- Look at the drain stoppers in your sink every few weeks for any hair, soap buildup or other particles that have started to accumulate
- Avoid putting any over-the-counter chemical cleaners down the drain as they can cause issues with your pipes
- Run hot water down your bathroom drains every week to clear any buildup
- Have cold water running when your garbage disposal is on
Taking these preventative maintenance steps and investing in regular drain cleaning services can help prevent major issues. Leaving your drains unmaintained can result in severe clogs or even a blockage which could lead to damage to your pipes, a decrease in the quality of your water, and potential health risks.
Fast, Efficient & Professional Drain Cleaning in Florida
If you are looking for reliable, affordable, and quality plumbing services in Las Vegas from exceptional professionals, call Florida PLumbers. We are known for our efficient and friendly service. No maintenance or repair job is too big or too small – we handle all types of plumbing work!